Children of the 70's unite.........................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Screen-Shot-2012-11-16-at-12.00.18.png

just jim

Nowadays boys get it off the internet. Shame to lose out on those woodcraft skills.
Strange days indeed. Woodland walks are a lot more wholesome these days thank goodness. Once out roaming as we did back then (for hours on end as previously pointed out) we ended up in the woods surrounding the local psychiatric hospital, or the "nut hut" as it was coined. For some reason I started digging away at the base of a tree we were hanging around at and to my surprise I found a perfectly intact "Mini Mastermind" game. Utterly strange, and I can't explain it, other than one of those random things that happen.
I cannot say I enjoyed some of those adventures back then. We would occasionally encounter highly unpleasant individuals. One time we went out into the woods (another wood) with our air rifles (as one did back in the day) and encountered another two guys similarly tooled up, but with pistols. We had fairly powerful .22 rifles, a BSA and a Webley. There was a bit of an odd stand off and I am sure they were thinking about sticking us up, but they must have weighed up the odds and thought better of it.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Strange days indeed. Woodland walks are a lot more wholesome these days thank goodness. Once out roaming as we did back then (for hours on end as previously pointed out) we ended up in the woods surrounding the local psychiatric hospital, or the "nut hut" as it was coined. For some reason I started digging away at the base of a tree we were hanging around at and to my surprise I found a perfectly intact "Mini Mastermind" game. Utterly strange, and I can't explain it, other than one of those random things that happen.
I cannot say I enjoyed some of those adventures back then. We would occasionally encounter highly unpleasant individuals. One time we went out into the woods (another wood) with our air rifles (as one did back in the day) and encountered another two guys similarly tooled up, but with pistols. We had fairly powerful .22 rifles, a BSA and a Webley. There was a bit of an odd stand off and I am sure they were thinking about sticking us up, but they must have weighed up the odds and thought better of it.
Sounds like some kind of wild west stand off!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
OMFG the mum was in emmerdale and i watched this in primary school
One thing I love about the internet is the ability to watch these things in full... I saw the odd episode in school, the odd episode when i had chicken pox, and that's it... watching the family over a couple of decades is fascinating, especially when the kids are replaced by their adult counter parts... one minute Avril is 11 years old, played by an 8 year old girl, then she's 12 but played by a twenty year old woman!

The earlier series, 1902-1926ish had a young Garry Mallet from Corrie in it :thumbsup:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I recall spending a fair amount of time playing on building sites. A half built street was one hell of an adventure playground; with floorless rooms to explore, piles of bricks and sand to climb on, jump off and over, dumper trucks and diggers play in/on. There was never any "don't play on that building site" from our parents. It was just as acceptable as playing on the swings or in the back field... when did they start fencing them off?

Top Bottom