Chinese Carbon Handle Bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

huggybear0

Über Member
Looking at reviews on the web some are saying Chinese made carbon bars are strong. Has anyone got any experience with this or bought any.

Jody

Stubborn git
I've seen a few vids of them snapping but can't comment as I don't know anyone with them. I suppose it's an unknown quantity like the majority of unbranded carbon from China. No doubt the majority will be good.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Personally I would not buy anything carbon that was not from a good known brand... which could of course be manufactured in China.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Unless you are sure about the quality of the manufacturing process and QA, then don't. Big issues with 'voids' being left withing the material where QA isn't upto spec. I wouldn't on such a critical part.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I know lot's of people who are very happy with them. I have a set in the garage ready for the next time I need to retape my bars. However, you also see nasty horror stories. When I fit mine I will give them a good going over whilst on the turbo trainer.

si_c

Guru
Not much difference in weight between a low cost carbon bar and a decent aluminium one generally anyway.

Top Bottom