Chinese cycle clothing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I am just wasting a bit of time on the computer.During this time i have found a real bargain(not telling).But it is a very nice Lampre top and bib shorts.The price is worth a punt.But my question is has anyone bought from China and is there any form of extra tax to pay.For i am tempted just to see the quality.Mind you i do have quite a few bits of kit,so i might not bother later.But can anyone advise me on extra costs that might be involved.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bought from China a couple of times - I've found the sizing and quality 'iffy', but it's cheaper. You get what you pay for.

Keith Oates

Janner
Most of the cycling gear I own is made in China because I've been out here so long but like everywhere some is good and some not so good. As DCLane has said the sizes can be problem but generally speaking go up one size from what you wear in the UK. If you're a large in the UK you will probably need an extra large in China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
I recently bought a "Nalini" Roubaix jersey and tights from Ebay seller Ringwise2009. There are a number of sellers with the same kit, but they had the most feedback.

Overall I am very happy with them.

I have some Nalini 3/4 knickers (£90) to compare them to and there is a clear difference, however I paid £27 (free p&p) for the jersey and tights!

For the money, they are well made with decent stitching and after a fair amount of use show no signs of falling apart.

The only issue I have with them is that they are very tight on the biceps, forearms and thighs, despite being the right length in both the leg and arm (very generous arms, which was my main concern).

I'm not particularly fat or "ripped", I guess they didn't scale-up the circumference when increasing the length.

They were very helpful with sizing: I e-mailed my dimensions and they recommended which size, although having found size guides on other sellers' pages I went up one on the jersey; the recommended top would have been too tight around the chest.

For the money I was prepared to write them off if they were rubbish, however they have turned-out to be a very good buy and I'll shop with them again.

PS Delivery was very quick too, something like three weeks (over Christmas), compared to three months from the US.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Most of the cycling gear I own is made in China because I've been out here so long but like everywhere some is good and some not so good. As DCLane has said the sizes can be problem but generally speaking go up one size from what you wear in the UK. If your a large in the UK you will probably need an extra large in China!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like they go use Italian sizing , just got a club jersey and its a large even though i am a 38 " chest .

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I have ordered some smaller items from China with no importation VAT. Bought a frame and they pulled that up, Import VAT on the frame was only £12 on a pretty bulky item so not the end of the world.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
I have become friendly with the owner of my LBS here. He also runs his own club. I asked him did he have a top to fit me he didn't but he contacted the manufacturer in Bangkok to make one in my size. The quality is on a par or better than the kit I normally get from Prendas.
I am now in negotiation with the manufacturer with a view to selling his existing range. I am also looking into the possibility of short runs and one-uffs. PM me for further details

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I might be interested in seeing the prices on bulk Mr Hippo, I have two 20ft containers of other products loaded monthly from Chonburi in Thailand. Not interested in "replica" but might be interested in coming up with my own brand.

Top Bottom