Chinese ebike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
And you need a helluva battery capacity to make it useable with assist at those speeds.
A solved problem. That rack is sturdy enough to mount a small Honda generator.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
840Whr and I've ordered two of them

Carrying the spare may not be easy.

The integrated-style batteries tend to be longer and narrower, so yours may poke out of the top of even a large pannier.

I wonder what range you will get.

Still not much if you use full power, but I doubt you would want to do that.

Try as I might, I can't get a lot more than 40 miles out of a 500wh Bosch battery, which means a 100 mile ride needs three - 1,500wh with some to spare at the end.

You have 1,680wh to play with.

Even turned down, I reckon your motor will use a bit more power than a Bosch bike, so I'm going to predict a range of about 100 miles.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That is a concern, but had ideas (fabrication) of making a holder when I want to try for long rides.

I've got a programming cable with my order. Quite a few owners say the lowest torque assist is too much and have dialled back the first 3 levels. I'll will most likely do this too.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Quite a few owners say the lowest torque assist is too much and have dialled back the first 3 levels. I'll will most likely do this too.

Could be a wise move.

I've heard of a few owners who had a previous model 750w Bafang crank motor which proved to be 'too powerful' for general trekkingMTB use.

It may be great fun doing donuts and pulling wheelies in the car park, but that soon palls.

Lowering the first few levels should sort that, but still leave you with plenty of grunt on tap when required.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My bike is either in or about to arrive in Mongolia!

Tracking hasn't become active yet, but shipping agent confirmed direct transport from factory

download Ghengis Khan.jpg

Tenkaykev

Guru
My bike is either in or about to arrive in Mongolia!

Tracking hasn't become active yet, but shipping agent confirmed direct transport from factory

View attachment 589933
Perhaps one of the employees is riding it over, toolkit at the ready to sort out any initial hiccups. Prepare for a knock at the door and the rider to take you through the features before saying “ sign here “ and disappearing into the sunset…

Top Bottom