Chinese New year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone go and participate/spectate ?

We popped down to Manchester at 11.30am - just wandered through China Town, off to Albert Square..watched the Martial Arts and Dragon Dance (over 50% were western folk with the Dragon)....

Wandered back to China Town as the Dragon made it's way there (we took the short cut).... got the kids some paper dragons, we made wishes with incense sticks, kids had noodles, I got Thai Green Curry ;):tongue: (market stalls)....fortune cookies etc..etc....

Both kids enjoyed it....Son of 8.. "I feel like I am Chinese"..... daughter of 5... "bestest day" and when home "is it still the same time in China" (she thought she was in China...:laugh:)..... They both woofed down the noodles....

Bit too cold to stop all afternoon until 6 for the fireworks though.....

All very chilled, nothing OTT, and the Chinese folk shared their culture..... we'll be back next year....:tongue:

Shame Longers got his bike lifted by Manc chavs.....:biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
It's probably auspicious.

snakehips

The staff at my local Chinese are still celebrating , in the street with a rather good snowman that they have made. They are all having their photos taken with it , and behaving as though they have never seen snow before !

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Top Bottom