chip n lock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
Is there anyway to add a chip to my bike so that I could trace if stolen. In this modern age surely there must be a way to put/plant a small chip....(say in the seat post) to that if my bike was moved I could track via my iphone? I notice there is due for release later this year the skylock which can be linked to an iphone, is there anything like this or similar now?

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes. Several different sorts.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
It seems to be a function of pretty much every bicycle orientated kick starter in the last year. Most depend on a mesh of other people using the correct Apps. Alternatively they will need a way of getting on to the internet/mobile network to be of any use. These will probably need a paid for subscription, similar to car trackers. Almost everything out there is set up for iphones so that bit isn't an issue. Bear in mind it's all a trade off, size vs run time vs power. You need something with a decent broadcasting ability if it's to work when the bike is in a shed somewhere being broken in to components for resale on ebay. It needs to have a decent run time if you're not going to be fishing it out to recharge every other day. Unless you're protecting a very expensive bike (and aren't a weight weenie) then I doubt the tech is really here yet.

Top Bottom