chips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ComedyPilot said:
Oi, brown sauce can only ever be HP, and then only used on bacon sarnies, sausage rolls and various quiches.

I always buy mine outright...

OP
OP
luplowe

luplowe

ComedyPilot said:
Oi, brown sauce can only ever be HP, and then only used on bacon sarnies, sausage rolls and various quiches.

on the rare occasion i eat chips in the morning there usually accompanied by eggs bacon beans and such. bit of toast dab in the brown sauce then into the tom sauce of the beans then dip in the egg n down the hatch-- delishhhh

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
luplowe said:
on the rare occasion i eat chips in the morning there usually accompanied by eggs bacon beans and such. bit of toast dab in the brown sauce then into the tom sauce of the beans then dip in the egg n down the hatch-- delishhhh

I have just drooled on my keyboard :thumbsup:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Depending on my mood, chips and...
  • Mayo
  • Gravy
  • Curry sauce
  • Ketchup
  • Salt and vinegar
  • Salt and pepper and vinegar
All of the above may well be accompanied by grated cheese.:thumbsup:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Tonight on my chips salt & vinegar, accompanied by mush peas and haddock (Oh & a pint of smooth), I do love the pub now it's re-opened :thumbsup:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK - I have enjoyed chips with :-
Mayo
Salt
Curry Sauce
Chicken Gravy that they used to do in KFC but don't anymore
Cheese :thumbsup:
BBQ sauce
Garlic sauce from the kebab shop
Chilli sauce, also from the kebab shop
But my favourite thing to have with chips is a buttered bap. Or barm cake, or roll, depending whereabouts in the country you are.
Chip sarneys are truly the food of the gods. Or Bhudda, anyhow.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Thick cut Dutch frites in a paper cone smothered in mayo, swilled down with a cold glass of Grolsch

accountantpete

Brexiteer
As a kid round here it helped to have a cast iron stomach as the lady used to gob into the fat to test the temperature - and quick on your feet to avoid the splatter if the gob was particularly virulent with bacteria.

papercorn2000

Mayonnaise is a continental perversion. It is the very sperm of Satan. No wonder the Dutch needed a hand up during the last intercontinental ruck...

yenrod

luplowe said:
Do you put gravy on yer chips ? if you do then your officially a Northerner and need help urgently.. no self respecting Southerner would even consider it. jus not the done thing ..who came up with such a crazy idea..

Ive always found a chinese style chips n gravy are better than a greek style and dont chippy's put far TOO much gravy on the chips !!!!!!

I always request a 'touch/little' bit of gravy!

Oh and a can of coke ! :blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
OK - I have enjoyed chips with :-

well, me, at least once.

I think it depends on the chips. The soft slightly soggy sort go well with gravy, or curry sauce or similar. The crispier sort go well with dips like mayo....

Personally, I'm a ketchup girl.

Top Bottom