Choice ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
My son is soon to buy a new bike on the CTW scheme. Because the company he works for insists he uses Halfords, his choices are limited. He will be aiming for either a Carrera Kraken or a Voodoo Hoodoo. I have limited knowledge IRO this type of bike so would appreciate any thoughts about which of theses 2 bikes would be a better choice. He intends to use the bike for a short daily commute and to have a bit of fun on the local parkland trails and tracks. I can read all the reviews and reports y,like, but a few words from riders will mean much more. Thanx in advance.

Keith Oates

Janner
I haven't ridden either bike but the write up by Bike Radar of the Voodoo Hoodoo suggests that's the one to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Why do they insist on Halfords? If he's using the Halfords C2W scheme he can get literally dozens of different makes. He needs to ring the helpdesk to eliminate the few that he is prevented from getting.

OP
OP
Psycolist

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Why do they insist on Halfords? If he's using the Halfords C2W scheme he can get literally dozens of different makes. He needs to ring the helpdesk to eliminate the few that he is prevented from getting.
We are going by the Halfords web site for models they sell, these 2 seem to be the only bikes with that spec and price range. Are you suggesting that Halfords can get other brands and models to order ?

OP
OP
Psycolist

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
I haven't ridden either bike but the write up by Bike Radar of the Voodoo Hoodoo suggests that's the one to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You say that, but they also reckon the Kraken is the best speced bike in this price range. The Alivio or is it Acera drive train bothers me on the HOODOO. For such an expensive bike, it seems to be a pretty low end drive option. And by expensive, its replacing a Ammaco MTB that costs 1/4 the price of this one. You can imagine the spec on that ride ! !

Cubist

Still wavin'
We are going by the Halfords web site for models they sell, these 2 seem to be the only bikes with that spec and price range. Are you suggesting that Halfords can get other brands and models to order ?
Yes. He needs to ring the helpdesk, the number is on the website he'll have been sent by work. They will tell him what else he can have. Halfords now have a huge national network of LBS approved suppliers. I got a Cube last time I did it.

Top Bottom