Choices, choices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
My Spesh Tarmac got nicked a couple of months back (ex flatmate I suspect) so am looking for a replacement I have narrowed down my choices to the following three, so any riders of these bikes or feedback would be appreciated:

1) http://www.certini.co.uk/view_product.php?c_id=92&sc_id=356&p_id=2645 (actually now £999.

2) http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/details.asp?D=&Cat=&Section=&GenCode=RIBBXRIB1000 also £999.

3) http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360032366&N=Focus Cayo 2008 also £999.

£100 for a second hand bike off E-Bay. £899 for a hit on your ex-flatmate. :ohmy:

yenrod

Ribble.

Why ~ better wheels !

Fairly good Dedaccai frame too !

Ultegra G.Set

Quality parts - complementary.

: If I had a K and was looking for a bike online this would be a great decision based round your options.

NB Though i'd prob go for a 105 g.set & save a few bob. OR Spec the bike to how I wanted it but get as good a g.levers as possible if I had a grand to spend !

'fraid I can't be of much use, they all look good and without knowing more about what sort of riding you do it would be hard to offer advice. However, if you had Spesh before, perhaps that's where your heart lies young padawan....:ohmy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Saw a Ribble winter trainer today - the £400 ish ones - very nice looking bike.... I have a nice (old) Ribble 653 - good frames their Deda ones - they also have a new Scuro frameset- but it's a fair bit more due to it's light weight.

I might have pulled alongside for a chat with the chap other than the usual..'not as windy today is it.....' - it did look nice.... had I been on the Ribble, but blew him away with the Herety - got it very dirty... it wasn't happy with me.....

They all look ok yorkshire - possibly I would pick the Dedaccai. Trouble is, I don't like the 'straightforward' sloping appearance of all three! :ohmy:
Have you seen the Orbea Diem - with disc brakes - nice form, (Orca too - that's quite nice looking but a bit pricey) or the Bianchi 928 with funky tubing looks the part although I haven't seen a 'real' one - oly photos. I think that was around £1200 or something like ...mutter mutter...
Have you tried posting in the 'Rides' bit of BR for a bit of feedback from users of your choice of bikes?

OP
OP
yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
They haven't got my size left on that one Chuffy already checked. As regards my riding, well I average around 250 - 300 miles a week, all on roads or cycle paths in all weather and at any time of the day. Currently commuting on a Specialized Allez Elite Triple.

yorkshiregoth said:
They haven't got my size left on that one Chuffy already checked. As regards my riding, well I average around 250 - 300 miles a week, all on roads or cycle paths in all weather and at any time of the day. Currently commuting on a Specialized Allez Elite Triple.
Ah. Bugger.
Oh, I just checked out the Annual Mileage thread. Forget anything I say, I'm not worthy! :ohmy:

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've never seen the other two, but i sat on the Roubaix at the bike show. The head tube is slightly higher so it's comfy for longer rides and the handles bars have a flat bit so it's more comfy to lean on. it's got tiny shock absorbers in the forks too. 3 of my friends ride them, and reckon they are great. i've just bought a new car which i unfortunately had to put the money i had for my new bike too, so i have to start saving again and may have to go for something in this price bracket. i'll probably go for a roubaix if i can't get the money together for my pinarello.

Dave5N

Über Member
The ribble frame is good - also used by Condor (though not this year I think). I'm pretty sure Terry Dolan had a say in it's design, though as Ribble don't claim this I might be wrong. I thought I saw a post awhile ago from him endorsing it.

Only thing wrong with Ribble (other than the mailorder) is the brand name. It's a better bike, if you're not a snob.

Top Bottom