Chorley, Lancashire to Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
W

wardster

What day of the week are you planning on going? If at the weekend then you can ride over the Silver Jubilee bridge in Runcorn, which makes the run much easier to plan - I'd use something like this as it avoids the worst of the hills and through Warrington, Runcorn and Chester through to Deeside keeps you on off road routes where it makes the most sense - and avoiding an awkward cycle route through Frodsham.
Friday, the Strava route it suggest to me uses this bridge, I didn't realise it was limited to weekends? I can't load the route from your link for some reason....

si_c

Guru
Friday, the Strava route it suggest to me uses this bridge, I didn't realise it was limited to weekends? I can't load the route from your link for some reason....
They're refurbishing the bridge presently, which means that between 7am and 4pm weekdays the bridge is unavailable for pedestrians and cyclists. There is a free shuttle bus however to take you to the other side if you wish to use that route. Works are continuing until later this year apparently.

Edit: route was set to private :/ try again now :okay:

OP
OP
W

wardster

Friday, the Strava route uses this bridge, I didn't realise it was limited to weekends?
They're refurbishing the bridge presently, which means that between 7am and 4pm weekdays the bridge is unavailable for pedestrians and cyclists. There is a free shuttle bus however to take you to the other side if you wish to use that route. Works are continuing until later this year apparently.

Edit: route was set to private :/ try again now :okay:
Yes can see it now, looks decent thanks!

The one I got from Strava was more roady, I used the "Use Popularity" option, did you ? Did you reduce elevation to make it select that route?

si_c

Guru
Yes can see it now, looks decent thanks!

The one I got from Strava was more roady, I used the "Use Popularity" option, did you ? Did you reduce elevation to make it select that route?
I used the popularity option to Warrington then I know the route from there more or less.

OP
OP
W

wardster

I used the popularity option to Warrington then I know the route from there more or less.
So I've bought a Wahoo Bolt to help me out, but Strava does not
It seems I can't use Strava if I want turn by turn audio, which I do :sad:
I'll have to plan this route in ride with gps and use on my Wahoo Bolt.
Thanks again for the route!

Top Bottom