CHPT3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevedeer

Regular
Does anyone know when the CHPT3s are generally released? I understand Brompton release a batch every year

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Usually sold out before release. If you want one you're in for a long wait unless you want fall prey to the grifters selling them at huge prices. :whistle:

OP
OP
stevedeer

stevedeer

Regular
Usually sold out before release. If you want one you're in for a long wait unless you want fall prey to the grifters selling them at huge prices. :whistle:
Don’t know how they do it... tried to pre order and everything, genuinely want one, would have bought another Brompton if I thought I didn’t stand a chance! Do we know how many they release?

Does anyone know when the CHPT3s are generally released? I understand Brompton release a batch every year
I saw a teaser advert on one of the Brompton FB forums recently which quoted a release date of 17/09/20. It just showed the rear end of the bike, but it looked very nice!

Not seen any info re pre ordering etc. Did see a Brompton Junction insta post today for the CHPT3, all it said was email them to book an appointment!

berlinonaut

Veteran
From that trailer I'd guess it's exaclty the same as the previous models.

Gumwall tyres, red grips, no mudguards, Black stem and seatpost. Grey body.

Not really and even the previous models differed. The initial one of 2018 had a grey/red mainframe and a red Brooks C19 saddle, tanwall Kojaks and it was available in 2 and 6 speed versions. The 2019 one had a camouflage fabric saddle, a black/red mainframe, tanwall Schwalbe Ones and was only available in 6-speed. The 2020 version has a "lunar-grey"/red mainframe, a "Brompton CHPT-3 saddle", Schwalbe One tires and is available in 6-speed only. What they all have in common are the black titanium fork and rear frame and red grips (though of different brands)
2020 spec: https://www.brompton.com/bikes/special-editions/chpt3

As until now all Brompton special editions have basically been mainly special color schemes plus some easily exchangeable components like grips, bags and saddle it is no surprise that the differences in between model years are not huge and neither are they to standard Bromptons.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Loro (a japanese dealer) have a bunch of detail pics of the 2020 CHPT3 on their webpage: http://www.loro.co.jp/blog/lcw/2020/09/post-1399.html
The 2020 CHPT3 also includes a sling backpack as a new standard additional accessory (which probably will rise the price in comparison to earlier models). Rear frame clip, seat post fastener and hinge knobs also differ from the standard on today's Bromptons - maybe an outlook on future standard parts?

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My local bike shop is expecting a CHPT3 in next week.

That's according to the shop's trade page on the Brompton website.

The owner told me nothing is ever certain with Brompton, so he won't be sure of getting a CHPT3 until Brompton's courier plonks one in his showroom.

Allocation is apparently based on the size of the retailer.

Some shops who sell lots of Bromptons will get more than one CHPT3.

Top Bottom