Chris Hoy retires from International Competition.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I think he said something like ''he was feeling good - but not good enough,'' which is perfectly understandable for such a power-based rider at 37. He's witnessed - and made an enormous contribution towards - British track cycling's rise in status from just another country to a world power. It's fitting that the Glasgow velodrome is named after him.

oldroadman

Veteran
The man is a proper STAR. Never surrenders, trains to destruction, and probably the greatest Olympian this country has ever had. He deserves a break, and a happy and successful life. Added to all that the man is an absolute gentleman, an example to any young talented rider on how to train, race, and behave.
The glass is raised to you, Sir Chris, thanks for all the joy you brought us, making us proud of GB.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The man is a proper STAR. Never surrenders, trains to destruction, and probably the greatest Olympian this country has ever had. He deserves a break, and a happy and successful life. Added to all that the man is an absolute gentleman, an example to any young talented rider on how to train, race, and behave.
The glass is raised to you, Sir Chris, thanks for all the joy you brought us, making us proud of GB.
I've got to say I was surprised that there have been so few comments about his enormous contribution to cycling in the UK. Maybe it takes time.

zizou

Veteran

Well said.

He is an odd combination in some respects - extremely driven to succeed and obviously very successful yet at the same time a thoroughly decent man, who is friendly and approachable!

Top Bottom