Christmas Day cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I've just driven to MK.
70 miles, seen a few out for a festive ride.
Lovely day for it, sunshine, no wind. 7°C

bluenotebob

Veteran
A mere 9km in a leisurely 30 mins .. I only saw 1 car. Very quiet today - even for round here.

Having been flooded - and invaded by mice (I think they thought my house was a kind of Noah's Ark) - it was good to get some fresh air and turn my legs over a bit.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Not christmas day sadly.
I plan a 10/15 for Sunday.
My knackered back means I have not been on the bike since Oct 20th but I really think it is nearly there.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Happy Christmas everyone.

My 11 year old surprised us by asking if we could ride our bikes rather than go for a quick walk. Sadly there had been alcohol I wasn’t really dressed for cycling and didn't fancy checking tyres on 3 bikes so we compromised, I checked her bike and she had a fantastic ride, doing rather more than the mile or so that her dad and I did on foot to the pub and back. Lots of lovely people saying how nice it was to see a child out on a bike on Christmas Day. I owe her a ride out in the New Year now 😀

Gunk

Guru
Perfect day today, shame we’re on holiday and the bikes are 200 miles away. Saw quite a few out today and felt quite envious.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
70 miles, seen a few out for a festive ride.
Nice one :okay: I managed 51 miles & thought I was doing well, maybe in 19 years I'll be allowed to do a 70 mile ride, weather permitting. It wasn't a bad day round here, a touch of frost early doors, so stayed on main roads & was very pleasant. Highlight of my ride was seeing a dad taking his young daughter out for a ride on her new bike (Chirstmas present?)^_^

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Out for a couple of hours this morning, but only saw 6 other cyclists - 2 in full lycra & 4 in more relaxed clothing - plus 3 joggers and countless dog walkers. The rest of the local population seemed to be driving somewhere important as the roads were almost as busy as a normal work day.

Top Bottom