Christmas decorations...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
My wife's already putting up the decorations in our house :becool: As for me, I don't like decorations but I don't get a say :smile:

Noodley

No big tree in the Noodley household this year due to a 4 month old kitten with a high level of hyperactive tendencies...:smile:

numbnuts said:
I don't put any decorations up there's no point for I live on my own and know one comes to visit me I don't even put my card up on show :smile:

Kirstie said:
Xmas party at numbnuts house! Complete with group hug for numbnuts...

Speicher said:
Excellent idea. :becool: I have some spare decorations he could borrow.
I'm on leave Christmas week I could pop over.

HelenD123

Guru
I want to put mine up this weekend as I'm feeling quite festive for some reason but absolutely refuse to do it until 1 December. A house round the corner from me has been lit up for a couple of weeks though:wacko:

Flyingfox

numbnuts said:
I don't put any decorations up there's no point for I live on my own and know one comes to visit me I don't even put my card up on show :smile:

That's so sad, I live on my own but still have a Christmas tree, under which I put my presents. I always put mine up on the 17th December though, just an odd family tradition.

snorri

Legendary Member
I think I'll get a tree and some holly from Harrods.:thumbsup:
Well, not exactly, more like self service from a forest owned by the geezer who owns Harrods if you see what I mean.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Several posts mention putting up the decorations 12 days before Christmas. I've never heard of this before, where does this tradition come from?

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Smokin Joe said:
We wait till the 21st December, then two black candles and a freshly severed goats head are displayed in the porch. Keeps the carol singers away and it's less time consuming than sitting by the window with an air rifle.

:evil:

About two weeks before Xmas for us, depending on the nearest convenient weekend.

Top Bottom