Christmas decorations...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maizie

Guru
We usually put our decs up at home the first weekend in December, and then take them down the weekend before the 6th. My husband seems to think that it should be this weekend, though, because if we leave it till next weekend 'they'll only be up for a couple of weeks'...

At work we will probably get stuff out on the 1st, and pack it up on Jan 5th. But, it all seems to come down to me and one other person, we kind of start it off in the office and then other people go 'oooh, decorations, can we have some tinsel?'...
Actually, just realised that the other person isn't in on Monday, so it'll be Tuesday at the earliest!

Maizie said:
We usually put our decs up at home the first weekend in December, and then take them down the weekend before the 6th. My husband seems to think that it should be this weekend, though, because if we leave it till next weekend 'they'll only be up for a couple of weeks'...

At work we will probably get stuff out on the 1st, and pack it up on Jan 5th. But, it all seems to come down to me and one other person, we kind of start it off in the office and then other people go 'oooh, decorations, can we have some tinsel?'...
Actually, just realised that the other person isn't in on Monday, so it'll be Tuesday at the earliest!

We've started to take ours down on New Year's Day. Bad luck? We've had enough of that in years gone by, so leaving the dec's up until 6th isn't going to make a lot of difference!

ChrisKH

Guru
Never earlier than 12 days before and never taken down later than 12 days after. I wouldn't say my wife is superstitious.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'll be going home to my Mum's on the 22nd, so I sort of hope we'll put her's up then, although it's maybe a bit late...

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Up 12 days before and down on news years day. Dudi you referring to the house on old Norwich road ?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I shall probably put get the tree down from the loft and decorate it on the Saturday before Christmas. I have various oddities like a toy reindeer, which Father Christmas gave me, and a very elegant Nativity Set. I do not like pinning decorations to the walls. The houses in this street usually all have lights of some sort in the windows. Some one even has one of a large train, with Santa etc, where can I find one of those?

On Christmas Eve, I shall probably have to rearrange the tree, depending how much the cats have decided that they would like to rearrange it. :angry:

I'm inflicting our xmas decorations on the students at work on Monday. They will be festive, dammit.

Waiting another couple of weeks at home, though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
mr Mag00 said:
2 weeks before on my birthday :biggrin:

After the 6th and before my birthday... and then down on the 5th Jan. Though I never go out for a meal to celebrate my birthday as I hate being offered Christmas food. I have a party and then have mulled wine instead:biggrin:!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Like your boss, 12 days before, 12 days after.
On my commute I go past a house that has had Christmas lights up since the beginning of November

Top Bottom