Christmas dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
barq said:
I've always been puzzled that so much vegetarian food is simply bad compared to the meat dishes. I'd assume there is more profit margin on the average veg dish, so why do I feel like some chefs resent meat-free food? Can you shed any light in your professional opinion?

why because most chefs (not me) dont know what to do with veg, beens .... they just come upto a wall and stop. they see it "as a chor as one of my old 2nd chefs" said to me. its not to do with profit as thats not set by most chefs if you get it wrong you get it wrong ie over cooking. the thing is i find it fun there is so many things you can make for a vegetarian take some of it out and add some meat. there you go two dish's from one.

and some chefs hate vegies ? why i just dont know

yes i do they are just di*ks

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I once caught my dad stuffing the turkey.... I've not be the same since.... :tongue:

I used to have a brother-in-law (divorce job) who would always refer to things like ships, steam trains etc as 'she'. In almost comic-book stereotype fashion, sans irony, he also applied this to the Xmas turkey, as in "She's a fine-looking bird" ... he was a bit of an @rse if truth be known!

ive all was be of the mind that on boxing day you dont need to cook much as ever one has eaten loads the day before. so i think doing some think like say pie, creamy crushed potatos, pan fried veg with some red wine gravy is a good way to do things?

ya, na???

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
mickle said:
Mexican burritos in our house on Boxing day. Delicious, simple participatory finger food and easy to multiply up for more guests.
Hey, that's cool, cos in Spanish, "burrito" means "little donkey", which is obviously Christmassy! Serendipity rools :tongue:

spandex said:
so your cooking then!

saves me a job:biggrin:

I'll be in Bristol you muppet.

Top Bottom