Christmas Food & Drink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Dunno this year. We had a quiet Christmas last year and looks to be even quieter this year, and Boxing Day and New Years. :sad: Smallest turkey possible I think - not much bigger than a chicken as don't want to be eating the stuff for days.

In that case, why don't you just get a really top notch organic, free-range chicken? Much tastier than turkey and worth every penny.

Supds are in the same plant family as deadly night shade.

And tomatoes...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Tip for sprouts - Prep that morning when doing other prep, boil whole for 4 mins or so depending on size. Still need to be undercooked in middle then put in a bowl of cold running water to stop cooking. Cook some bacon cubes/diced and add vac packed chestnuts and put to one side. Then just before serving pan fry the sprouts in butter for a few mins, then add the other bits to warm though!

Also for doing the final fry off for the sprouts, fry in sesame oil and sesame seeds - delish.

OP
OP
C

cambsno

Dunno this year. We had a quiet Christmas last year and looks to be even quieter this year, and Boxing Day and New Years. :sad: Smallest turkey possible I think - not much bigger than a chicken as don't want to be eating the stuff for days.

Thats one of the best thing for me (although I love the roast dinner) is the leftovers. Yes, the good old turkey sandwich, but in the coming days. Always do Jamie's Turkey & Lek pie which is lovely and then maybe his turkey con carne.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thats one of the best thing for me (although I love the roast dinner) is the leftovers. Yes, the good old turkey sandwich, but in the coming days. Always do Jamie's Turkey & Lek pie which is lovely and then maybe his turkey con carne.

I could do the turkey and leek pie !:hungry:

Eziemnaik

Über Member

I prefer the Hairy Bikers' turkey, leek and stuffing pie. :hungry:

Mind, since I don't do a turkey, I usually end up buying a large chunk of cooked roast turkey off the deli counter on YS on Christmas Eve for pennies. But the counter is closed right now thanks to Covid... Cooked chicken is a nice alternative though.

Top Bottom