Christmas pud?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abchandler

domtyler said:
Can't you remove from the oven when still nice and rare and juicy, slice off what you want and then return to the oven to be ruined/incinerated?

Or buy a wedge shaped piece. By the time the thickest part is properly cooked, the thinnest will be horribly dried out and perfect for you

SamNichols

We sit, buttons gently straining under the sheer quantity of food just eaten:
"Bring on Pudding!" yells dad.
So, we begin again following the festive turkey with the heaviest pudding of all.
"Careful of the six-pences" warns Grandmother. Mother rolls her eyes, knowing that a sixpence hasn't ever been inserted into a pudding in this house, ever. So, we eat our heavy pudding, we wash it down with a dessert wine and then we roll to the couch, sighing gently as we move from chair to chair.
Merry Christmas everybody.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
It brings to mind the vicar of dibly's three christmas dinner episode:biggrin:Brilliant.

Just cut the joint in half,and add the second half later,so its rare when the first half is well done.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
SamNichols said:
We sit, buttons gently straining under the sheer quantity of food just eaten:
"Bring on Pudding!" yells dad.
So, we begin again following the festive turkey with the heaviest pudding of all.
"Careful of the six-pences" warns Grandmother. Mother rolls her eyes, knowing that a sixpence hasn't ever been inserted into a pudding in this house, ever. So, we eat our heavy pudding, we wash it down with a dessert wine and then we roll to the couch, sighing gently as we move from chair to chair.
Merry Christmas everybody.

Haha! At my house, Mum brings out the home-made Christmas Pud as she has done for the past 32 years. We all sigh and moan, and I traditionally whine 'why can't we have boughten christmas pudding like all the normal children'. Then we feel 'obliged' to eat seconds.

That's the way it always happens.

Noodley

col said:
Whats PX ?

PX is this stuff:

"Pedro Ximenez, or P.X. sherries from Spain.

Pedro Ximenez is the name of the grape, which is white, but ends up appearing dark orangey-brown after air drying and "solera" aging. P.X., like all sherries, is a fortified blend of multiple vintages.

P.X. is at the extreme end of the scale on sweetness. If you like only a hint of sweet in your dessert wine, this is not the wine for you. But if you want a super-rich, decadent wine that will satisy your sweet tooth then look no further."

:biggrin::tongue::tongue::tongue:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
I see, cheers Noodly.And cheese,i love the stuff,bring on the cheese board:smile:

now you're talking, Col.

alas, too late, i ate it all.

Top Bottom