FNRttC Christmas Ride - Olaf's German Christmas Saturday 16th December 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Ever wondered why we send Christmas Cards or bring Christmas Trees into our homes? The simple answer is its all down to German influence. We all thought he had left London but Olaf has decided to return from Frankfurt purely to lead us all on an enjoyable adventure of discovery around the streets of London. This will highlight the many fascinating links that wouldn’t exist without German influence and allow us to savour the wonders of Christmas in London.

As usual we will meet outside The National Theatre Café before midnight. BUT don’t be confused and turn up on Friday as you will be disappointed and be 24 hours too early. As is tradition with our Christmas Ride, we meet on Saturday night instead. After the usual formalities we leave at midnight and head off on our adventure.

The half way point will be St Pancras Station. This offers food and coffee plus shelter from the weather. Once on the road again we head to Regents Park for a spin and a chance to get the blood flowing before seeing the Christmas Lights and some other Germanic links.

The ride will finish at The Willow Walk at 25 Wilton Road opposite Victoria Railway Station just after 8am for a hearty breakfast and chance to raise a glass (or two) to wish your nocturnal cycling friends seasonal greetings.

As customary we welcome friends and families to join us for our adventures or just for breakfast.

To join please register using the following link

http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/december-16-2017-christmas-ride.html

We hope to see as many of you as possible on the 16th for what will be a truly memorable ride.

Olaf and Titus

Sorry - I won't be there. I'm running the Christmas ride for our local group (it's our 100th led ride), so I need to be awake to make it to the pub stop.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I wasn't planning to be there .... but since the Frankfurt section is joining us it would be rude not to! Weather permitting, am planning to combine this with the December century..

U

User10571

I could be up for some breakfast.....
Depending on what the trains and weather are doing at the time....

rb58

Enigma
In, but possibly not for the whole ride.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
To what end?
It is to try to widen engagement, to use a management-speak term.

We'll see if the 247 Fridays members in the Facebook group want to have a conversation among themselves. There are long threads on here but they tend to be multiple posts by the same people and we think there are fewer Fridays on here than in the closed Facebook group, where for years there've been chats about rides.

(We also used to have an FB "Page" but don't any more. We used that only for posting about rides and then promoting that page to FB members who were friends of people who liked the page, who were aged 18-65 and living in the UK with an interest in cycling. But after doing that for a year it seemed it attracted hardly any, or no, new riders - who tend to be friends of members anyway.)

An advantage of using FB is that we all know who we are (and if they get rude we can chuck them out) whereas CC is a public place open to anyone at all.

Email remains the foremost way we tell everyone on the mailing list (communicating "outwards" as it were) with dates and destinations, etc. So you all get info at the same time. And many members do reply to the FNRttC gmail address. But FB allows conversations among a large group of people generally using their real names.

It only recently occurred to me to point out that for ages the two have been running in tandem - and, I suspect, will continue to do so.

Top Bottom