Christmas Tree Shopping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I can recommended a beech branch. I do this every year for the kids. Gifted free from one of the two giant trees at the end of the garden. Very festive and the buds are perfect for hanging sausages and bad children. And baubles. Over the holiday period it dries enough to use for kindling.

This is last year’s. This year we have one that creates a rather atmospheric canopy over the sofa.

C1E7B1A4-DFE4-4939-BDF2-03FB7CA208B0.jpeg

Julia9054

Guru
I can recommended a beech branch. I do this every year for the kids. Gifted free from one of the two giant trees at the end of the garden. Very festive and the buds are perfect for hanging sausages and bad children. And baubles. Over the holiday period it dries enough to use for kindling.

This is last year’s. This year we have one that creates a rather atmospheric canopy over the sofa.

View attachment 441925
Ooh - you may have just solved my "can't-cope-with-having-no-Christmas-tree-even-though-I'm-not-going-to-be-here" dilemma!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Buy artificial. Better for the planet.

As with all things in life , buy the best you can afford.

Our artificial was a shop sample that is still in the cardboard box with a "Cathay Pacific" sticker on the side. I hate to think what it's carbon footprint is like. Probably cutting down half of Kielder Forest would have been better for the environment

Drago

Legendary Member
Thinking of converting to paganism to avoid having to buy a tree and decorations, which are a financial and environmental waste. Any other time of year I'd turn my nose up at shelling out on useless plastic tat, and I don't see why December should be any different.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Thinking of converting to paganism to avoid having to buy a tree and decorations, which are a financial and environmental waste. Any other time of year I'd turn my nose up at shelling out on useless plastic tat, and I don't see why December should be any different.
You missed the Bah, humbug!

Top Bottom