Christmas trip?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sorry folks, I'm looking forward to Christmas with all my family (mum, sister, b-i-l and nephew, and b-i-l's Mum thrown in too). With me having lost my other half, and b-i-l having lost his dad this year, it'll probably have its painful moments, but it's the very best Christmas I could wish for in the circumstances.

But hey maggot, if you end up riding through Winchester, I'll chuck you a sausage roll and a glass of sherry...:blush:

Tetedelacourse

Arch said:
Sorry folks, I'm looking forward to Christmas with all my family (mum, sister, b-i-l and nephew, and b-i-l's Mum thrown in too). With me having lost my other half, and b-i-l having lost his dad this year, it'll probably have its painful moments, but it's the very best Christmas I could wish for in the circumstances.

But hey maggot, if you end up riding through Winchester, I'll chuck you a sausage roll and a glass of sherry...:blush:

Easy when it's not your sausage you're chucking;)

walker

Well as you know I've just got back from Cyprus for a pre xmas rest, but I'll be spending it with my family this year, Looking forward to it as I like having my family around no matter how annoying they can be at times. It also might be my last xmas for a while with them as I immigrate next year.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've done my visiting already this year. The only problem is that I said earlier in the year that I would go and spend Christmas with an ex-girlfriend. I'm now hoping that she finds a new bloke in the meantime so that I won't have to go because I really fancy the idea of just for once trying a Christmas alone and very merrily ignoring the whole thing.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I love Christmas.... as a kid, some were a bit ropey, as me mum used to overdo the sherry rather too often, but although I'm an atheist I love it...have a great time with the kids, friends, family, forget about work, eat good food, go for walks and rides, etc etc. I live quite a distance from my family members, so usually we travel there or they (some of them) come to us. My parents aren't around any more, and only F-I-L to deal with, but we get on, so that's cool.
edit: one of the best I had was when we (me and mrs fnaar) did xmas dinner for 22 people....an absolutely mad day, but the best fun ever!

red_tom

Best Christmas (ok, apart from the one where we got the Commodore 64 :blush::tongue:) was volunteering at Shelter. We were in the wet (drinking allowed) shelter overnight on Christmas eve. Had an amazing time chatting the whole night with the people staying there, headed home at around 8am for a quick bit of pasta and missed most of Christmas day due to being tucked up in bed with the mrs. In laws and various step parent combinations couldn't complain as it's all in the spirit of Chrimble :biggrin:

Top Bottom