Chromebooks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes i use a chrome book , ideal for webrowsing no idea if office included but will check and advise when at home later .

Only drawback we have found so far is we can't get our 3 - 4 yr old printer to connect to it either through a solid connection or wi fi
I have an old hp inkjet, non wifi, and can run it from a usb link. No need for any of this "cloud printing" nonsense.

Drago

Legendary Member
I just made sure when I bought a printer it was Chromebook compatible, which many are. It talks to it by telepathy, none of this USB nonsense.

I just made sure when I bought a printer it was Chromebook compatible, which many are. It talks to it by telepathy, none of this USB nonsense.
Fair advice but if i can get stuff i already have to do the simple job i need it for i prefer to use it rather than buy more stuff/landfill.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm not suggesting you buy anything new. I am just pointing out that when it was time to purchase a printer I made sure that I bought one that was compatible with my Chromebook, which was no hardship and didn't cost me any extra, and which still works with Mac's and pcs.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That looks okay as you don't expect too much from it. I bought an HP two months ago with a similar spec for my 10 year old. The screen is terrible but it doesn't bother him, it's also a bit slow but if you don't mind that I'm sure it should suit your needs if it's just web browsing, sending emails but it won't be able to play intensive games. You'll be able to expand the storage with the SD card slot for photos but they won't look great. Battery life should be stellar compared to a Windows machine.

Top Bottom