1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chuffed

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Elmer Fudd, 23 Aug 2007.

1. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Out on me bike this morning, first time in eight weeks !:biggrin:.
    Due to (prescription) drugs I was having blackouts all over the bloody place !
    Now on weaker tablets which can make me dizzy if I jump up to fast (not like me to do that !!), but I thought I would give it a shot. Did a nice little pootle round the block of a (ahem) fantastic 3.6 miles, took me over half an hour ! and boy are my calf muscles acheing.
    Onwards and upwards is the only way to go though !

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Aye, good for you! Slow and easy does the trick.

3. yes, i remember coming back from illness and being off the bike (a nasty stomach virus that emptied me of everything). hurts like hell the first few times, but it's like riding a bike, you don't forget.

well done, lad

L

4. col

col Veteran

I hope you choose your route carefully at first, i saw the hills there the other day:smile:

5. Good on you Elmer.

Fudd not dud. :biggrin:

6. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Yeah, I live up at Framwellgate, went down to the Arnison centre, up to Pity Me and back to Fram, just mild slopes, nowt too strenuous

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Well done Elmer, hope you can follow that up with some fair weather rides in the coming days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. OP
    OP
    Elmer Fudd

Under 30 mins this morning, I used to do a commute to work on hilly ground of 3 miles in under 15 minutes (I'm no boy racer), so when I get this 3.6 mile trip to about about the same time I will be one happy chappy.