Chunk out my paintwork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raging Squirrel

had my bike in halfords yesterday for gear and crank issues, picked it up today, loaded it into the car and noticed 2 chucks out of the paint on the seat stay....which I didn't notice yesterday.

Now, I can't be certain it wasn't there yesterday or not......just seems odd that if it was I hadn't noticed it.

What would you do? Question the store or not bother as it's going to get a few little knocks and grazes at some point anyway?

I would have wheeled it straight back into the store and kicked off, afraid you may have left it too late now though. Having said that I wouldn't take a bike into Halfords:popcorn:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Read my post about "professional" mechanics on know-how then go and buy some nail varnish in the same colour to touch up the chips. You'll need to put on several layers.

BLUE(UK)

I have the same thing on my Boardman, in fact I think I may have a few pics on my phone......(I'll upload them in a minute).

*Realised I have deleted them*

I put paint on mine and then a sticker over the top. It was just below the seat clamp. I am unsure if I tightened the seat stem clamp too tight which may have caused it? I'm not bothered though because it is there to ride not polish.

Top Bottom