Cider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dolorous Edd

The most important rule of any cider is that it must come from Herefordshire or Somerset, and Weston's certainly passes that test.

Irish, French, Swedish ciders are all an affront to the natural order of things and should not be tolerated.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I used to drink this, which was from either Aldi or Lidl and a Weston's product (I think), but doesn't seem to be available any longer
1633729319170.png

Tenkaykev

Guru
Westons Vintage Organic. Deceptive in that itā€™s over 8% but doesnā€™t taste it, so can be ā€œ dangerous ā€œ šŸ˜‰
I prefer a still cider and that certainly ticks all the boxes.
I think the flavoured ciders are just a modern take on ā€œ Alcopopsā€ , for da yoof marketšŸ˜

figbat

Slippery scientist
After an unseasonably hot climb out of Lulworth and along the nearby trails over hill and vale, this was possibly the most refreshing and welcome drink Iā€™ve ever imbibed. Dorset Orchards Gold.
D09A7A23-F37E-4F22-A850-59D1988A7BD7.jpeg

newts

Veteran
Devon red is very palatable, if your taste buds don't favour the sharp end of the scale. Many fine ciders in the westcountry, not just from up North (somerset & Hereford). There's nothing like good cider to make your smile grow wideršŸ»šŸ˜
1633798154820.png

Some good few years ago I was on hols in Herefordshire with Jack my pony, and ended up at an informal cider festival/party/jollification/whatever at the farm next to where I was camping.
My clearest memory is of posters and labels advertising a particular 'brand' of cider named after the hill on which the orchard grew.
Best drink Lyne Down
It would certainly have be en wise to drink any more than a small glass of it, 'Lyne Down'!

Top Bottom