Cigarette?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Following on from Fab Foodie's "Fallen off the wagon" thread, I really, really fancy a rollie tonight. Ten weeks I've been off them (apart from half a spliff on new year's eve) and mostly it's been no bother at all, but today I wouldn't have wanted to rely on my willpower if someone had offered me a roll up.

Bayerd

Über Member
Focus Thief, some wagons you don't want to fall off.

BTW, I had my latest craving for a smoke about 2 weeks ago. I gave up nearly 5 years ago. You'll always get the cravings, it's just that the space between them gets longer and the will to resist gets easier.

Stick in there...

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I could spark one up now, just had a large bottle of Leffe Brown my defences are down. two and a half years off them on a day to day basis, but sometimes slip up while on the ale.:evil:

snorri

Legendary Member
Bowmore and Macallan are different stories altogether.
I can see the connection between Bowmore from Islay and a smoky Glasgow pub, but Macallan from Speyside is as pure and sweet as the mountain air.

snorri said:
Bowmore and Macallan are different stories altogether.
I can see the connection between Bowmore from Islay and a smoky Glasgow pub, but Macallan from Speyside is as pure and sweet as the mountain air.

In the end I went for Penderyn, which is a Welsh whisky.:evil: Mostly because the bottle needed finishing, although it is better than the words "Welsh whisky" would suggest.;)

I moved on to Ardbeg - one of my favourites - afterwards. Much better.:biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bayerd said:

BTW, I had my latest craving for a smoke about 2 weeks ago. I gave up nearly 5 years ago. You'll always get the cravings, it's just that the space between them gets longer and the will to resist gets easier.

Stick in there...

Well done RT, ten weeks will have broken its back, but the devil sneaks up often when you think its beat. 4 years rollie-free here, but there are still times when I could murder a fag.
Keep it up, it's really worth it!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bayerd said:

Stick in there...

Well done RT, ten weeks will have broken its back, but the devil sneaks up often when you think its beat. 4 years rollie-free here, but there are still times when I could murder a fag.
Keep it up, it's really worth it!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Over 6 years since I gave up smoking (I was a roll-up man too, as it was cheaper than real fags!).

Strangely, I've never had ANY sudden urges to have one since I gave up. Definitely the best thing I ever did for my health though. 18 years of smoking was not doing me much good at all!

To everyone in the process of beating the cravings - stick in there. You'll do it and then you'll never look back. Well done on getting this far. :boxing:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Over 6 years since I gave up smoking (I was a roll-up man too, as it was cheaper than real fags!).

Strangely, I've never had ANY sudden urges to have one since I gave up. Definitely the best thing I ever did for my health though. 18 years of smoking was not doing me much good at all!

To everyone in the process of beating the cravings - stick in there. You'll do it and then you'll never look back. Well done on getting this far. :biggrin:

Top Bottom