Circe Helios tandem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Are the child seats specific to the Circe rack or is there a range of generic rack mountable seats? I'm familiar with the Hamax seatpost style ones but not rack mounted seats.

I'm getting rid of the freezer from the shed so I guess the space needs filled with something...

I'm not sure, sorry.
Maybe someone else recognises these seats.
helios_childseats.jpg

Sixmile

Veteran
[QUOTE 5324254, member: 10119"]It's my commuter, and the 'school bus'. It's also done many a social ride, a cycle camping trip, and a number of audaxes.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the kind of thing I would envisage for one.

Is yours the 1st generation one or newer? From what I see, the 1st is 7spd, 2nd 9spd with uprated components? Also, see the large chain guard on the pilots crank, is that removable? I would hope to transport this on my roof via the Seasucker but with the curve of my car roof, I can see the large guard being an issue.

The Circe Helios is a real "do-it all" bike. Mine was bought second hand, and to be honest has only done a few trips in tandem mode including a couple FNRttCs. It's now my cargo bike for carrying stuff. I can do a week's worth of shopping with it; tools for cutting vegetation; stuff for the tip, etc etc.

Now that I've moved to the seaside (as it's flat), I haven't got fitted the electric add-on which was an after-market replacement motorised front wheel & battery, but that was useful for the hills.
35077322_10156686304578933_2009006016817004544_n.jpg
IMG_1604.JPG

Sixmile

Veteran
I never thought I'd ever even entertain the idea but here I am, this is what cycling does to you. I'm considering a Helios tandem and have found one a few hours drive away from me. With the kids catching the cycling bug but also outgrowing the trailer & seats, I have been thinking about how we could do another tour, possibly for a few weeks, solely supported by our legs. The Helios seems to make a lot of sense so please, someone talk some sense into me and put me off this clearly ridiculous idea.

I never thought I'd ever entertain one, but here I am - i now own two.

IMG_20220420_112746397.jpg

IMG_20220421_183723724.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom