Circe Morpheus family/cargo bike - £1500 [sold]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We are selling our lovely Circe Morpheus!

The Morpheus is a remarkable bike – cargo bike, child carrier, and (with a few extra parts) recumbent tandem. This one is six years old and we've used it for local fun journeys, the school run, and occasionally further afield. Junior's first journeys in it were at just six months old and it's stayed with him as he's grown; our school run is three hilly miles each way and it’s coped admirably.

The front-mounted child seat directly faces the adult, so you can chat while you ride. It currently has a Bobike Maxi fitted (fine for kids up to six), but for little ones, you can use a Maxi Cosi with a Steco Baby Mee mount which provides a cushioned, secure environment for babies and toddlers.

You can take the child seat off and use it to carry cargo, either with the half-rack or a full-length rack (both included). I’ve carried Christmas trees on the full rack.

It was built up by the legendary Tony Harrison in Long Hanborough. The groupset is Shimano Alfine 11 - reliable hub gears which you can ride up hills! - with Avid BB7 disc brakes. Wheels are by Radsport Erdmann in Germany and the tyres are bulletproof Marathon Pluses. Pedals are reversible normal/SPD for a bit of extra help on the hills (but you could put normal ones on if you like). Ursus Jumbo two-leg stand. There’s a rear rack too for luggage, or potentially a second child seat.

A brand new Morpheus to equivalent spec ('Brut 11') would be £3650… we’re asking £1500 for ours. We’d love to see it go to a good home.

We’re in Charlbury – just outside Oxford and with direct trains to Oxford/London/Worcester. Happy to answer any questions.

(Also posted on other forums but not on eBay yet!)

Attachments

• IMG_3692.JPG
    IMG_3692.JPG
    242.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2797b.jpg
    IMG_2797b.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3700.JPG
    IMG_3700.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3701.JPG
    IMG_3701.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3702.JPG
    IMG_3702.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 11

OregonGravel

We are selling our lovely Circe Morpheus!

The Morpheus is a remarkable bike – cargo bike, child carrier, and (with a few extra parts) recumbent tandem. This one is six years old and we've used it for local fun journeys, the school run, and occasionally further afield. Junior's first journeys in it were at just six months old and it's stayed with him as he's grown; our school run is three hilly miles each way and it’s coped admirably.

The front-mounted child seat directly faces the adult, so you can chat while you ride. It currently has a Bobike Maxi fitted (fine for kids up to six), but for little ones, you can use a Maxi Cosi with a Steco Baby Mee mount which provides a cushioned, secure environment for babies and toddlers.

You can take the child seat off and use it to carry cargo, either with the half-rack or a full-length rack (both included). I’ve carried Christmas trees on the full rack.

It was built up by the legendary Tony Harrison in Long Hanborough. The groupset is Shimano Alfine 11 - reliable hub gears which you can ride up hills! - with Avid BB7 disc brakes. Wheels are by Radsport Erdmann in Germany and the tyres are bulletproof Marathon Pluses. Pedals are reversible normal/SPD for a bit of extra help on the hills (but you could put normal ones on if you like). Ursus Jumbo two-leg stand. There’s a rear rack too for luggage, or potentially a second child seat.

A brand new Morpheus to equivalent spec ('Brut 11') would be £3650… we’re asking £1500 for ours. We’d love to see it go to a good home.

We’re in Charlbury – just outside Oxford and with direct trains to Oxford/London/Worcester. Happy to answer any questions.

(Also posted on other forums but not on eBay yet!)

Hi there, I'm way across the pond in Oregon, USA. I have a cycling friend who is being taken down by ALS (Lou Gehrighs Disease). The Morpheus looks to me like the best way that I can help him feel the wheels now that he is unable to ride independently. What is the possibility of you shipping this to me? (Assuming you still have it!)
Regards,
Dustin

Hi! I'm afraid it's sold. But the Morpheus is a great bike and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

If you were wanting to get one in the US, I think the best way to do so would be to get just the frame shipped across from the UK, and any of the custom front racks you need. The rest can be built from standard parts. Here's a Reddit thread from someone who did that in Canada:
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/bicycling/comments/67hpzn/nbd_circe_morpheus_tandem_bike/

Top Bottom