Circular cycle rides in Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JRob

Hi everyone. Does anyone know of any good websites or books that I could buy showing circular family bike rides in Wales? In the past I've bought the AA 'pub walks and cycle rides' books but the AA don't seem to make them any more. Any ideas? Thanks, Jayne.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm sure there's a good roundabout joke here somewhere....

Any particular region in Wales Jayne?

OP
OP
JRob

JRob

North Wales Dave 123. Vickster Amazon was my first place to look, but there seemed to be lots of old books or routes going from A to B, instead of circular. Cycle-route.com looks like a good shout though - I'll have a look thorough thanks!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
For a good day out, though not circular I would suggest the Ceiriog valley. It would be a beautiful day ride for a family, and if you do a there and back there would be hardly any hills on a ride of about 35 miles. You could make it circular but you'd go over serious lumps!

Park in Chirk, 8 miles to Glyn Ceiriog where there is a shop, pub and park. You then get a gradual hill for a couple of miles before you drop into Trecieriog. 3 miles on is a Llanarmon D.C. with either the West Arms or The Hand Hotel.
You could then extend the ride to Pystyll Rhaeader waterfall (can't remember any hills) or ride up to the end of the valley.

Wonderful views, minimal hills and refreshment stops along the route.

Dave7

Legendary Member

Wow...........that is excellent.
As I improve I am looking for such rides where I can throw the bikes on the car rack and get to the start easily.

Top Bottom