City Link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The thing I don't like is when Wiggle send me something by City Link.

Like pretty much everyone I'm not in during the day so a card is left, no problem. Royal mail leave cards too.

It's the wording..

"We will re-attempt delivery tomorrow you MUST contact the depot today/this evening if you are not available ON THE NUMBER AT THE FRONT OF THIS CARD"

"PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST CALL BEFORE COLLECTION"

Their cards are Nazis, basically.

palinurus said:
The thing I don't like is when Wiggle send me something by City Link.

Like pretty much everyone I'm not in during the day so a card is left, no problem. Royal mail leave cards too.

It's the wording..

"We will re-attempt delivery tomorrow you MUST contact the depot today/this evening if you are not available ON THE NUMBER AT THE FRONT OF THIS CARD"

"PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST CALL BEFORE COLLECTION"

Their cards are Nazis, basically.

Firstly find the number on the card is actually the wrong on (old cards apparently) so research and find number.....

Contact them and arrange to collect.... ten mile detour to find that the parcel is now out on the van being redelivered despite your arrangements.

Rearrange for following night, and again ten mile detour to find it is again out!

Now told that as they have tried to deliver three times(..... NO you haven't you have delivered once and then twice against my instructions)

Offered a third chance to collect - and they now can't find it... it may be out on the road, yet another wasted journey..

Note in my letterbox when I get home - Phone CityLink - told Parcel now has to be returned to sender (apparently my fault for not contacting them!!!!!) - fine by me, as due to your incompetence I cannot get hold of my parcel.

Ask company for refund.

Basically if the company uses CityLink - I will not use the Company!

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Ah well, I wasn't going to stick the knife in too far.

But I've a similar story.

Card left- number wrong on card- second card left- number wrong on card- get correct number off the internet once connection fixed- call and arrange to collect- cycle to depot (considerably further than PO sorting office) to find parcel returned to sender- contact sender to redeliver- sender charges penalty for re-delivery- try to convince sender to claim charge from City Link- sender not convinced- eventually give up (note: sender not Wiggle)

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I wish it was possible to arrange/cancel redelivery or arrange collection in person from their website rather than having to call.

P.H

Über Member
Plax said:
Write in the notes section for Wiggle to send by Royal Mail instead. They have always done this for me no probs.

I do the same, saying I'm unable to accept any other carrier. I can walk to the RM depot, it's a 30 ride to collect from CL.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Handy tip that, I hadn't considered that.

I'll do that in future.

And I got my stuff OK, Ms. P was actually in when they redelivered.

Still don't like the tone of their cards tho'.

yello

I find it amazing that another method of delivery/collection isn't in practice. I mean, of the total number of deliveries scheduled to residences on any given day by ALL couriers, mail, etc I wonder how many are actually delivered, and how many such cards are left? I bet it's a pretty big percentage. It MUST be worth delivery companies finding an alternative way of doing things; their drivers must waste a fair amount of time in 'nobody in' deliveries. Not to mention the inconvenience for the person awaiting delivery.

Here in France, you can ask for delivery to a designated local shop. In my case, it's a tabac - very handy.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i once had to spend a day driving the artwork for the local paper i worked for at the time all the way to lincolnshire from alderley edge as some ****wit at citylink had obviously thought that someone had driven all the way from lincolnshire to trafford park, for them to deliver the artwork 30mins down the road. :evil:

yello said:
I find it amazing that another method of delivery/collection isn't in practice.

So do I. It always annoys me when those cards come through the door. "We called today to deliver a parcel/read the meter/whatever but you weren't in." Well of course I wasn't fu*king in - it was half past eleven in the morning and I was at work. They must think half the population have nothing better to do than idle around at home all bloody day. Why isn't there a company that delivers 6pm until midnight, or something?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well the nice postman, I presume, put my parcel in my back garden last week, and sometimes they put them in the recycling box. If I ever see one of the neighbours getting a card ... I usually shout that I can take the parcel for them.

Top Bottom