Clarkson Suspended...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 3749473, member: 45"]I'd just like it put on record that I'll be interested to see how many who are whining about Chris Evans will still be watching, 5 shows in.[/QUOTE]

i wont be..for the record...chris evans voice just irritates me..radio 2 is my favorits show in the mornings but its best after 9.30..driving to work while CE talks through all songs and constantely iterupts everyone whos on HIS show is what TG will be..him yapping

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Chris Evans said:
I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before
So he will be sexist and racist then :whistle:

Brandane

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3749473, member: 45"]I'd just like it put on record that I'll be interested to see how many who are whining about Chris Evans will still be watching, 5 shows in.[/QUOTE]
I'd just like to put it on record that I moaned when Evans was given the radio 2 breakfast show, but I now listen to it occasionally. He is as I expected, a self promoting PITA, but not quite as bad as I was expecting. He has mellowed slightly, but still a PITA.. I only listen to radio 2 because I live in an area without reception of ANY independent stations (and nothing at all on digital unless played through the TV on Sky); so the choice is radio 1 or 2, and I outgrew radio 1 a long time ago.

I will give the new TG a try when it is aired and see what it is like, only then will I decide whether to keep watching it or not. I don't have great expectations for it, in line with just about all television programmes these days.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I quite like Chris Evans TV work until he imploded, which did get bit ugly. The few times I have listened to him on the Radio he seems ok. Bit like the Sun really no one reads that but they seem to sell quite few.

I used to like Top Gear, but the format got to contrived and more than a little boring. Might be an inspired move by the Beeb having a reshuffle.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I used to like Top Gear, but the format got to contrived and more than a little boring. Might be an inspired move by the Beeb having a reshuffle.
A key fact, which has been rather overlooked in all the hoo-hah - TG had been looking very tired of late, with Clarkson in particular looking so bored with the whole thing you were left in no doubt that only his monstrous salary kept him aboard. I bet there's more than one suit at the beeb who was secretly delighted when Mr Fisticuffs took matters into his own hands, thereby rescuing anyone from being forced to do the decent thing and have him put down.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The trouble with all presenters is their ego... even if Chris Evans is the most likeable person in private [which I suspect he is given the way he takes to people and vice versa], on radio and on the TV he likes his own way, belittles people who don't agree with him at all times, expects to get what he wants when he wants it and tends to bully people he has control over.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'd just like to put it on record that I moaned when Evans was given the radio 2 breakfast show, but I now listen to it occasionally. He is as I expected, a self promoting PITA, but not quite as bad as I was expecting. He has mellowed slightly, but still a PITA.. I only listen to radio 2 because I live in an area without reception of ANY independent stations (and nothing at all on digital unless played through the TV on Sky); so the choice is radio 1 or 2, and I outgrew radio 1 a long time ago.
Time to grow into radio 3.

I quite like cars so I'll probably watch it every now and again.

Not really worth getting my knickers in much of a twist over it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Time to grow into radio 3.
Another 30 years before that!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have never watched Top Gear, I don't think I'll start now.
I do listen to Chris Evans on the radio and I think he is quite good, better than when he was on the telly and his first foray into radio on Virgin.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
[QUOTE 3749750, member: 45"]For the record, I think Evans was great during the Don't Forget Your Toothbrush days. Then it went wrong when he got into radio, with him getting above himself and turning up for work when he felt like it etc. So when he started back on the Radio 2 breakfast show I didn't hold out much hope. But he's very different these days. I've not seen evidence of him belittling anyone on R2, and it's on in our house every morning. He still has the old enthusiasm but he seems to be more rounded and honest about things. It's a good, listenable family show and he's pretty likeable. If he can bring this enthusiasm and honesty to TG (both of which were lacking towards the end with Babapapa and his sychophants) then it could be a pretty good show. Different, but good.[/QUOTE]
That's all very fair MrP, he might surprise us yet... maybe it's just me who heard the put downs with the production team around him. He certainly bullied the lad who used to do the Sport before he left to be a teacher when Vassos [sp?] took over- that's when I stopped listening.

Top Bottom