Clarkson's Footpath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
What a surprise.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I don't know what's sadder, him getting upset at the path problem, the media thinking it's a story, or the scores of sad w*nkers that walk there just to gawp and have a nosey at his house?

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
C'mon - Footpaths are one of our freedoms in this country. Can't just let any individual close them down. Good on the campaigners say I. The rights of way will continue long after Clarkson can no longer operate an accelerator pedal.

darkstar

"Whilst not condoning the actions of some of the more militant campaigners who used dogs to deliberately distress wildlife or impose on the privacy of the landowners, the MHKs did feel that this was a victory for common sense and people power."

Wow, they sound like a bunch of loonies. There's lots of anti-clarkson attitude on these boards, so i'm sure this story will go down well...

Norm

Today I bought myself some sensible walking boots and a little rucksack and went up to the Lake District. I walked for about 5 miles, stopped and sat on a stone wall and had a flask of coffee. Then, I walked another 5 miles and stopped for a biscuit and then I............. Ooops sorry, I'm rambling

:girl:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Norm said:
Today I bought myself some sensible walking boots and a little rucksack and went up to the Lake District. I walked for about 5 miles, stopped and sat on a stone wall and had a flask of coffee. Then, I walked another 5 miles and stopped for a biscuit and then I............. Ooops sorry, I'm rambling

:girl:

:smile::biggrin:

Bandini

Oh how we laughed....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/isle_of_man/8675771.stm

Television presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been ordered to reopen a footpath through his property after a public inquiry on the Isle of Man.

The BBC Top Gear presenter sparked protests from ramblers when he diverted a walkway on land at his holiday home, a lighthouse on the Langness peninsula.

A pressure group called Prowl (Public Rights of Way Langness) has since campaigned for access to the path.

Mr Clarkson now has 28 days to appeal against the ruling.

Transport Minister David Anderson MHK said anyone was able to object to the report's findings.

He said: "Anyone may object to the amendments. If any objections are received, and are not subsequently withdrawn, the matter has to be brought to the High Court for resolution."

Mr Anderson said the inquiry inspector, Roy Hickey, said "strong and persuasive evidence" had been put forward by members of the public that they had the right to use the paths on Langness.

He said that all of the paths on Langness, apart from five, should be dedicated as public rights of way.

The five paths that may remain private include three leading from the lighthouse to the shore south and south east of the lighthouse, a fourth running across the peninsula and a fifth crossing the golf course.

I hope that loads of curly haired, crap be-jeaned tits in Land Rovers, go ripping up his grounds.

sheddy

Legendary Member
That Lighthouse will need a new name - 'Dickhouse' or 'Nob Towers' ?

Crankarm

Guru
Norm said:

:laugh:

:blush:

Crankarm

Guru
I should imagine that lots of Bill Oddie, Kate Humble and Julia Bradbury types would have an interesting time chez Clarkson. I can't abide the man myself. However I believe that secretly he is a bit of a twitcher so could turn the dispute to his advantage. He certainly knows a thing or two about Great Tits - well he's got Hammond and May as friends :blush:.

Maz

Guru
Norm said:

:cheers:
Nice 1, Norm.

Top Bottom