Clarkson's Footpath

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alun

Guru
If I ever become a nationally recognised, outspoken celebrity, I too will buy a property crossed by public footpaths and then complain that people use them to gawp at me.

Cubist

Still wavin'
He's diverted it, not closed it.

It was never actually a public footpath, just a right of way born of years of common usage.

I tried ringing the Ramblers association the other day to discuss it, but the bloke on the other end just went on and on and on...

Evidently, like minds think alike. Separated at birth?
jeremy_clarkson_31738t.jpg
news-graphics-2008-_439753a.jpg

........ Nicholas van Hoogstraten ........................ Jeremy Clarkson

Attachments

• news-graphics-2008-_439753a.jpg
    news-graphics-2008-_439753a.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 5

ASC1951

Guru
661-Pete said:
Evidently, like minds think alike.
........ Nicholas van Hoogstraten ........................ Jeremy Clarkson
Now that's just silly, Pete.

I don't have much time for Clarkson, either, but it is perfectly clear from the piece - as Cubist points out - that these paths were not at that stage public footpaths. That was the whole point of the proceedings.

Van Hoogstraten is a violent criminal with several prison sentences behind him.

ASC1951 said:
Van Hoogstraten is a violent criminal with several prison sentences behind him.
...who also has a record of trying to block rights of way:
He has been involved in a long running feud with the Ramblers' Association and a legal battle with the local authority over a right of way that crosses the land around the mansion. In 1990 the paths were blocked with razor wire and discarded refrigerators.[2]
The only point I was trying to make.

Incidentally, in England and Wales, "Public Footpath" equates with "Public Right of Way on Foot" - they are one and the same thing. There is a statutory definition of what constitutes such a path and its status is determined by whether the Public has had access to it over a period of time. I don't know how the law stands in the Isle of Man of course...

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Doesn't count - you just went off and found any old one, didn't you?

No such thing as a zombie thread, the internet is a place of so many seams not worked to death. I spotted this thread ages ago while checking to see if there were any Nicholas Van Hoogstraten fans on CC.
It seems not but I thought I would throw in some fan art as others had posted photos of the nicest landlord you could not wish to know.

Top Bottom