Clasica Ciclista San Sebastian *SPOILER*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The action just doesn't stop now the TdF is over. The Tour de Wallonie is ongoing, and this weeked is the Classica San Sebastian in Spain, which is a tough classic usually won by a climber or a strong all-rounder. Sammy Sanchez says he's going for it to make up for not getting on the podium in Paris, and if he's not too tired, he might just be able to carry his form over. There are going to be a lot of tired legs looking at the start list, but on the other hand a number of other top riders who will be much fresher but without the same race legs, as well as domestiques who will be let off the leash. So Basso, Roche or Hesjedal might also be thinking the same as Sanchez, but there's also Brice Feillu, and the likes of Sastre and Menchov.

raindog

er.....
Gilbert says he'll be having a good go at this too, but there are alot of very tired riders after the Tour.

mangaman

Thanks for the reminder FM

I'm always a fan of San Sebastian - the climbs at the end and the descent.

I'm more of a classics than a stage race fan, and it's the 1st one after the tdf hype.

Sanchez for me - he's on home soil, got good legs after the tdf but still something left in the tank.

I also think his team will have targeted it, so he should have good domestiques.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I hope so too. He looked all too human in the high mountains in the TdF and I had pretty much counted him out as not enough of a climber for this one, but that was an awesome ride.

Noodley

Gilbert is getting close to becoming my fave rider, but I'll stick with Sandy Casar. Gilbert can be my fave winning rider :laugh:

Keith Oates

Janner
He's certainly had a exceptionally good season so far and I'm sure the Belgian fans will be very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raindog

er.....
Well, Gilbert won it - Raindog wins the pool!
dirol.gif

Top Bottom