"Class" Oprah and the Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Take this as a whinge, a rant or even a flounce.

In my dealings with those across the pond, attributes like "nice", "helpful" "innovative" "self-belief" and "confident" would not be out of place when describing Americans in positive light. The word "class" or "elegance" would not surface. And I have met "class" and ""elegance" across the World.

When the new King mentioned Meghan in his first address to the country, it spoke volumes about class. I was taken aback. When both brothers and their wives came out together to meet the well-wishers it was a statement of class and elegance. There was no hint of washing dirty linen in public.

Oprah's interview would never have taken place even if Meghan was married to an American dignitary or a celebratory and even if the in-laws and the family gave her grief. It would probably lead to a second divorce for her. Despite being a billionaire, Oprah never ever displayed class. It never did dawn on her families matters are are best left to the families to deal with. The word "cheap", "tasteless" and "egoistic" would be more appropriate. I could not help note their immediate past President elected by the majority to the highest office of the country shares similar traits. So it is not a flash in the pan.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
I think that prior to the wedding Meghan would have had the whole job explained in detail to her by those employed by our late Queen who are experts in these matters, she seemed to have the public on side and all was well, yet she blew it big style by not keeping her opinions to herself, or at least by blowing off steam to Harry, or talking things through with those within the Royal Court, instead she went public, and as far as the British public are concerned, she’s not welcome anymore, she thought she was bigger than the Monarchy, she was very very wrong

postman

Legendary Member
The list of nonentities who grace our morning papers would flatten my battery on this phone if I made list.Why oh why do they need to see themselves splashed allover the media every single day.And what I think of their followers ha ha is not printable. Just crawl under a stone and stay there.

Venod

Eh up
as far as the British public are concerned, she’s not welcome anymore

Please don't take this as a dig at you because the press do it all the time as well.
Do what you may ask.
They include everybody in a general statement when it's far from the truth.

markemark

Über Member
Meghan is vilified for her open opinions. Kate is adored for her, dignity demure and quiet strength.

People say it’s racism. I think it’s good old fashion misogyny of people not liking a woman openly speaking her mind.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom