Classic clip of a cycling family

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Wow

Family planning , health and safety did not exist in 1961 then

Bring it on.

Ian Cooper

Expat Yorkshireman
That's great! Love the lame jokes from the narrator. I too wonder where the kids are now. It would be nice to see if they carried on the cycling tradition, though somehow I doubt it, as cycling has been going through some dark days in the last few decades, and is, in my opinion at least, at its nadir right now. Nowadays, there seems to be no chance of seeing such 'jolly hockey sticks' style coverage of cycling in the media or in the public consciousness - it's all simmering hatred of cyclists, coverage of crashes, and efforts to get us all off the roads and segregated so that we can't get in the way of the 'real' road users who have a license, who don't break any laws and who pay road tax.

That's great! Love the lame jokes from the narrator. I too wonder where the kids are now. It would be nice to see if they carried on the cycling tradition, though somehow I doubt it, as cycling has been going through some dark days in the last few decades, and is, in my opinion at least, at its nadir right now. Nowadays, there seems to be no chance of seeing such 'jolly hockey sticks' style coverage of cycling in the media or in the public consciousness - it's all simmering hatred of cyclists, coverage of crashes, and efforts to get us all off the roads and segregated so that we can't get in the way of the 'real' road users who have a license, who don't break any laws and who pay road tax.

Cheer up mate!

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
I know whats missing,a beemer cutting them up.:whistle:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
that's how I started off. Six months old, in a sidecar beside my parents' tandem. I'm told we hit forty miles an hour once. Terrifying.

Thanks for the clip - I know that site - it's excellent - a real treasure trove - amongst the many oddities a lot of serious historical stuff as well.

thanks again

Top Bottom