Classic Oxfordshire 9th May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

levad

Veteran
Is anyone doing this ride this year? I am contemplating the 60 mile route, it takes me round some haunts from my youth :smile:

OP
OP
levad

levad

Veteran
Is this a record for a post to have no replies (until this one!).
I have booked up and am doing the 60 miles. Anyone else from CC going to be there?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
levad said:
Is this a record for a post to have no replies (until this one!).
I have booked up and am doing the 60 miles. Anyone else from CC going to be there?

Yep, I'll be there with team NOBS. We've our own shirts (see photo, I'm in the middle) with the ABC Charity logo as well, so you may spot us.

We're also doing the 60 miler with an early-ish start in the planning, having a burger with our scouting pals serving-up grub after and then some of us are gonna do the 30 miler as well, add in the 15 miles to get there and back from home, we'll just clock the 100!

Maybe see you there!

Great to see you FF. Those post ride burgers (courtesy of the Scouts) were excellent - just the job. :angry:

Anyone else from here make it?

mini ao and I did the 30 mile (as usual) - great time. P*uncture fairy struck her, but other wise no probs, apart from some dodgy driving by one or two eejit motorists.

Andy

Norm

We saw a whole load of cyclists on this today, on the road between Wallingford and Nuneham Courtenay. Our bikes were a little faster, though, I hope that we gave everyone plenty of room. :biggrin:

OP
OP
levad

levad

Veteran
I did the 60, rode with FF (good to meet you) and the NOBS until Long Whittenham and then headed off on my own. Completed the route in 3h23m (ah, it's not a race :biggrin:). I enjoyed it very much, would have been even nicer if it was warm and dry!

I liked the fact that the course takes you about 45 miles on the flat and then you get a 12% hill, most of the climbing was in the last 15 miles.

Anyway I guess I will be back again next year.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
levad said:
I did the 60, rode with FF (good to meet you) and the NOBS until Long Whittenham and then headed off on my own. Completed the route in 3h23m (ah, it's not a race :smile:). I enjoyed it very much, would have been even nicer if it was warm and dry!

I liked the fact that the course takes you about 45 miles on the flat and then you get a 12% hill, most of the climbing was in the last 15 miles.

Anyway I guess I will be back again next year.

Good to meet you too levad, pleasure sharing the road awhile with you!

We (the NOBS) had a good day out on the 60 miler, agreed the weather could have been more conducive, but it could also have been worst, we were equipped for it at least. We bowled along nicely for a while, but had a few stragglers, so we slowed-up and enjoyed more chat and less velocity. We were together at the end and crossed the line as one.

Myself and Peter downed a couple of Burgers (2 for me!) and a cuppa from my Scout chums, met andyoxon for a chat and mini ao who'd ridden another fabulous 30 miler, well-done mini ao! looked-like they were enjoying their well deserved Ice-Creams.
We (me and Peter) then departed for the 30 miler! As we neared home we had to do an extra loop out to Radley to give us the extra 4 miles we needed for a century. Have to say, the last 10 miles or so I was feeling the effect of the miles and time in the saddle... I've not done as many miles as usual this year and it showed.

So, 102 miles cycling in great countryside with assorted great company, old friends and new... Who could want more from cycling?

Hope to download some pictures tomorrow.

Top Bottom