Classic Trucks, Wagons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
How on earth does he pass the medical? and still roping & sheeting at 90, I’d say in this day and age uneccessary and dangerous if he gets it wrong, use ratchet straps for gods sake

Sunday 23rd

New issue picked up yesterday

BP
‘Fall Ings’
Doncaster Road/A638
Wakefield

E6E6AB91-67AB-401E-83AB-7EAA3791F925.jpeg

D

Deleted member 26715

still roping & sheeting at 90, I’d say in this day and age uneccessary and dangerous if he gets it wrong, use ratchet straps for gods sake
As long as he is capable to doing it, why shouldn't he? as to roping & sheeting they've around a lot longer than ratchet straps.

DRM

Guru
As long as he is capable to doing it, why shouldn't he? as to roping & sheeting they've around a lot longer than ratchet straps.
But that's the thing, who at 90 years old has the strength to tie a dolly, then tension the rope through it to secure the load sufficiently, and to also wrestle with a canvas tarpaulin, when a ratchet strap is far more safer and secure, it's a technique that's been consigned to history for a reason, it's not safe in this day & age

There’s 2 quite close to me, in (I believe) fully operational status, including pumps!!
http://www.the-antar.co.uk/

You are taking the urine!!! 🤣🤣🤣
They’re big/ wide beasties, with an 18litre ‘dieselised’ version of the R-R Meteor engine, that was used in tanks

They sound awesome!!

Although the ‘straight-8’ in the Stalwart is equally aurally good

Jameshow

Veteran
There’s 2 quite close to me, in (I believe) fully operational status, including pumps!!

They’re big/ wide beasties, with an 18litre ‘dieselised’ version of the R-R Meteor engine, that was used in tanks

They sound awesome!!

Although the ‘straight-8’ in the Stalwart is equally aurally good

GG - Not up for sale?!

Top Bottom