Classic Trucks, Wagons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy

Spotted this in a car park in Bridport, camper van conversion. 🤔 May have been a British Telecom vehicle originally ?.

Badger_Boom

Ãœber Member
View attachment 609820
Spotted this in a car park in Bridport, camper van conversion. 🤔 May have been a British Telecom vehicle originally ?.
A friend of mine lived in one of these that had originally been a mobile library.

View attachment 609820

Morris FG
Definitely converted, as the originals had rear-hinged doors ('suicide' style), that had mounting posts inset, that helped to give them the nick-name 'thrup-ney bits', after the coin of the time

When I was a kid, one of the neighbour worked for FarmStores (1), at Outwood, (jct 41 industrial estate occupies part of the site now, & the new Outwood Station is opposite it)
He used to be able to come home in it, & on hot days, he drove with doors open (till all his paperwork started blowing out....)

1. FarmStores used to provide a large percentage of the regions ASDA stores bread/pies/sausage/bacon/etc....
Alongside Lofthouse Colliery, it was one of the largert employers in the area

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I remember driving an FG with rear hing doors , it was a yard runabout fitted with a Harvey- Frost . The coach built versions ambulance, GPO telephones /BT, small coaches came with conventional cab doors .

Saturday 2nd

Truckfest
Newark-on-Trent

Top Bottom