1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic youtube reply

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by magnatom, 1 Jul 2008.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

I just received this comment on one of my youtube videos.....

....what I do believe is cyclists should be banned from using roads at peak hours because all they are doing is causing more congestion on our busy roads and making life difficult for us big boys. I've been watching all the nonsense on the news this week about cyclists wanting more rights on the road and it just makes me even more frustrated than I already am.

So it would appear that cyclists cause congestion. Mmmm. Are you sure it doesn't have something to do with the hundreds (thousands) of other cars sitting between you and your work.... Hmmmm

:smile::laugh::biggrin:

2. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Hmmm indeed. :smile:

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

big boys? sounds like the opposite in at least one area… :smile:

4. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

2, I'd say - brains and balls

5. dondare

dondare Über Member

Is there a speed limit on that road?

6. Riding in Circles

Riding in Circles Veteran

Bloody cyclists, always getting in the way.

7. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Hang on, how does he know they are all 'Big Boys'. Be carefull, he might be about checking :tongue:

8. hackbike 6

hackbike 6 New Member

He's talking bo55ox of course.its brain dead car drivers that are causing all the problems and also too many cars.in the future owning a car should be a privelage and not a right.obviously big boy hasn't thought this out very well.(posted via k800i)

9. Night Train

Night Train Guest

Well, he has a point.

Every morning I commute in my car 35 miles in the opposite direction to the rush hour and I must see, umm, all of three cyclists hogging the whole of the cycle lane at various points so that all those cars, 4x4's, trucks and buses just can't get past them.
    I mean Sally traffic, on Radio 2, is always banging on about massive tailbacks on the M6 due to a cyclist crossing at junction 19 or the A40 into London is stationary as 2 cyclist are riding into work in convoy.
    :tongue:

10. hackbike 6

hackbike 6 New Member

Stop being sarky ;-)

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Where's the link?

I want to point out to him that every morning I join a main road into Birmingham for a 4 mile trip. I always beat the buses on the journey, and often find myself sailing past the same cars.

If anything, it's the 4-wheelers that hold the bikes up, as well as themselves.

12. Worth remembering cyclists have a right to use the highway but car drivers are only granted a licence under certain conditions.

13. Nigeyy

Nigeyy Veteran

Well, the poster does say they're already frustrated.

Poor, poor Big Boy.

14. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

oh lordy

15. yenrod

yenrod Guest

My god, I learn something today: so all male drivers have big penis's and women I take it have big breasts too.

I soo wish id have learnt that in school.