Classis FM ugh!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
I'm goingto have to go back to ZNZ and check it out, maybe the old lady everyone pointed out was an auntie or something....

Wasn't joking, just never checked any facts....
ooops

A

another_dave_b

I think Classic FM's great myself.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Possibly second only to being left on hold to any of Vivaldi's 'Four Seasons', Classic FM appears intent on dumbing down or ruining the simple pleasure of actually listening to music.

Radio(gone)GaGa:biggrin:.

Before Classic FM started, they did say that it wasn't intended as a challenge to R3, it was more aimed at the R2 'easy-listening' market.

Certainly turned-out to be true - targetting a low-brow, classic-lite, Daily Mail sort of audience I think.

Before it started-up, for a month or so as a test of coverage they just broadcast a loop-recording made in a wood - birdsong, wind in the trees, etc.

It was brilliant, instant relaxation and unwinding just listening to that in the car on the way home. Superb !

But then the broadcasts started, with inane ex-R2 DJ presenters who know nothing about classical music, playing the same few 'classic pops', interspersed with the same few irritating adverts, etc.

No, thank-you. Haven't been near it for 5 years or so.

Top Bottom