Claud Butler Majestic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Claud Butler Majestic for sale (circa 1980) 10-speed with Reynolds 531 frame. Has recently been powder coated and kept in good working condition. 500 miles in its most recent incarnation.

All original parts except rear derailleur (straightforward Shimano now), handlebar tape, pedals and seat bolt clamp (have both original pedals and seat bolt but none too clever). Front mech, shifters (on down tube) are Suntour and the crankset is Silstar. Comes with Wellgo LU-961 pedals with clips. Bike has newish cables and tyres and the wheels are 27 x 1 ¼ inch. The brakes are Weinmann.

This bike is a genuine sale and I would prefer to sell to someone who appreciates the intrinsic value of a top touring frame. This bike would suit restoration job but the frame is too small and it’s too much maintenance! Slight rust on crown and fairly bad rust on seat clamp/brake eyelet piece.

Collection from Bristol/North Somerset area only. Will consider all sensible offers and further questions, requests for more photos, visits and genuine test rides welcome.
Claud Butler for sale (circa 1980) 10-speed with Reynolds 531 frame. Has recently been powder coated and kept in good working condition. 500 miles in its most recent incarnation.

All original parts except rear derailleur (straightforward Shimano now), handlebar tape, pedals and seat bolt clamp (have both original pedals and seat bolt but none too clever). Front mech, shifters (on down tube) are Suntour and the crankset is Silstar. Comes with Wellgo LU-961 pedals with clips. Bike has newish cables and tyres and the wheels are 27 x 1 ¼ inch. The brakes are Weinmann.

This bike is a genuine sale and I would prefer to sell to someone who appreciates the intrinsic value of a top touring frame. This bike would suit restoration job but the frame is too small and it’s too much maintenance! Slight rust on crown and fairly bad rust on seat clamp/brake eyelet piece.

Collection from Bristol/North Somerset area only. Will consider all sensible offers and further questions, requests for more photos, visits and genuine test rides welcome.

View attachment 6253

View attachment 6254

View attachment 6255

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I don't know if it's just me but when I read that once I felt like I'd read it twice! :rofl:

Best to let folk know the frame size BTW.

OP
OP
Monsieur Remings
Yes, silly oversight 53cm frame but...I did write this out before and it got lost ...and then decided to print my stuff twice? :biggrin:

I can't edit it out I presume to avoid abuses...

Thanks for pointing that out.

Top Bottom