Claud Butler resoration. Finished job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve1733

I posted some while back about this bike when I was trying to identify the model. Never did manage to nail it down. Anyway, I got round to finishing it off. It went from this to this. I had intended keeping it for myself, but ended up selling it as it wasn't spending the time out there on the roads that it deserved. I only just made the money back I had put into it, possibly lost a bit if I reckon up what I actually spent. No matter though as it was a nice project and the guy who bought it went away happy. Did all the work myself which is always satisfying.

Attachments

• Claud Butler before.JPG
    Claud Butler before.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Claud Butler.JPG
    Claud Butler.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 91

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Steve1733 looks nice , whats next then ?

OP
OP
S

Steve1733

@Steve1733 looks nice , whats next then ?
A rest. Just kidding.

I've just finished the "Vello Brandes" and have it up for sale on gumtree. Didn't need much replacing, but I did the usual strip down to check everything out. Replaced the steering fork barings, regreased everything, trued the wheels, cleaned everything including the spokes. I even removed the block so I could clean up the alloy guard that sat behind it (that's sad isn't it).

Now I'm one with an aluminium "Ammaco" mountain bike. I don't normally do mountain bikes, but I was given it and it's practically brand new. After that I've a "Raleigh Pioneer". It's nothing special, but once again it was free and almost new. Who knows, I might actually make a profit on these two.

Then, with coming from a fabrication/welding background and having the welding machines, I'm thinking of building a trike! I think that's enough to be going on with unless a vintage comes along.

Top Bottom