Claud Butler sierra part 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It had the original Esse (?) mudguards on wit when I acquired it but they were cracked and split to the point off danger. I did try repairing them by glueing reinforcing panels inside but to no avail, so I regretfully binned them.

It's one of those bikes that cries out for guards it might even get a rear rack yet

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That's better guards now fitted still contemplating rear carrier.
Yes ends need trimming.

IMG_20231117_112840770.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Did you swap the levers back to UK standard? For those that don't know I have a chronic injury in my right arm and my right hand grip isn't what it should be so I had used the Claud to experiment by having the brakes handed the other way around, US style.

Did you swap the levers back to UK standard? For those that don't know I have a chronic injury in my right arm and my right hand grip isn't what it should be so I had used the Claud to experiment by having the brakes handed the other way around, US style.

Good of you to mention it.
I can remember discovering the brakes being the wrong way round on a friend's bike when we were teenagers. We were doing skids in a patch of gravel . I couldn't understand why the bike carried on but with the front wheel skipping madly.

Gunk

Guru

we hired some bikes years ago whilst in holiday in San Francisco, I was messing bout with my son, grabbed a load of what I thought was the rear brake, flew over the handlebars and cracked a couple of ribs! That was the second day of a two week holiday,

Top Bottom