Claud butler Torino 3k Ultegra or Ribble Nero CR ultegra?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeorgeHaseley

I am looking to buy a used bike for around £500 to replace my current steel one.
I am building up for longer weekend rides with the aim of doing lejog in summer 2021.
Any advice on which bike is better? Is there anything else I should consider? It seems that these are fairly well spec’d for the price. Two images attached.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 28873F90-4730-4261-9B17-C173F3D5D9E3.png
    28873F90-4730-4261-9B17-C173F3D5D9E3.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 21
  • CA03E746-A822-42F5-9FCD-6B6128F8AC4E.png
    CA03E746-A822-42F5-9FCD-6B6128F8AC4E.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 20

cyclintom

If I might give you a piece of unwanted advice - the last century I did before the lockdown, I was probably one of the slowest guys on the road. I stayed minimum time in the rest stops and I would be passed by these huge groups of people that would all be sitting around the next rest stop when I got there. Finally, fewer and fewer people were passing me and I was passing other people. I was riding my old steel Basso Loto which weighed around 25 lbs. plus water bottle and seat pack. As I pulled into the finish line I was rather shocked that the guy told me I was 205. There were 2200 entries there. Now I bought all of the latest and greatest bikes and groups and on the average I'm no faster than I was. I just have a hell of a lot more money invested in the sport. So rather than look at carbon fiber bikes you might want to look at a better steel bike. My Lemond Zurich is Reynolds 853 and it weighs 3 lbs more than my Trek Emond with Di2. I picked up a cheap set of Di2 from Team CCC so I put that on the Lemond but I could have gotten along cheaper and with just as much riding satisfaction with a manual group. Since we're going to have rain for the next two weeks, I'll be able to wash the bikes off and catch up on maintenance.

I am looking to buy a used bike for around £500 to replace my current steel one.
I am building up for longer weekend rides with the aim of doing lejog in summer 2021.
Any advice on which bike is better? Is there anything else I should consider? It seems that these are fairly well spec’d for the price. Two images attached.
Thanks.

did you buyeither?

Top Bottom