Claude Butler Dalesman Touring Bicycle.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

format

Über Member
Hello CC'ers.

I've got a lovely Claude Butler Dalesman 1983 model for sale. It was awarded 'Bike of the Year' in 1983. Size is 61cm.

Here are the specs. (see the dalesman column)

CoverR85.jpg

It's almost exactly as stock except the hubs appear to be Campagnolo, not the listed SIW ones.

It's in fairly good condition - it has barely been ridden in the past 20 years and any blemishes are purely cosmetic. Time has eroded the tires slightly so these will need replaced.

The reason I haven't had it tuned up is that as it's something of a classic, I'm reluctant to replace any of the parts on it. Here are some pictures.

116eR12h.jpg

2rFKovoh.jpg

h7SAOVuh.jpg

yBbDcvyh.jpg

ibabQtBh.jpg

I'd like £300 for this, considering that another 1983 Dalesman with much more wear & tear went for £310 on ebay last week.

Pickup from Glasgow area is preferred, or you can arrange a courier to come pick it up from Glasgow.

Thanks for looking!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You forgot to mention the size!

Brandane

Legendary Member
Price reduced to £275.

I can see myself touring France on that :wub:. Only problem is that it might be too big at 61cm, depending on how it's been measured. I am 6'00" with a 33" inside leg. I could always come up for a wee look, since I'm just down the road in Ayrshire?

Edit: @format, as these bikes were originally sized in inches, do you know if it's the 23.5 inch, or 24.5 inch? That would equate to just under 60cm, or just over 62cm for the bigger size.

OP
OP
F

format

Über Member
I can see myself touring France on that :wub:. Only problem is that it might be too big at 61cm, depending on how it's been measured. I am 6'00" with a 33" inside leg. I could always come up for a wee look, since I'm just down the road in Ayrshire?

Edit: @format, as these bikes were originally sized in inches, do you know if it's the 23.5 inch, or 24.5 inch? That would equate to just under 60cm, or just over 62cm for the bigger size.

I'll measure it tonight (it's being stored at my work) for you. You're perfectly welcome to come have a look, too.

OP
OP
F

format

Über Member
What height/inside leg are you, and is it a comfortable fit for you?

I haven't ridden it. I picked it up in May with the intention of taking on a trip but for various reasons that didn't work out.

Top Bottom