Claude butler seat post .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craig286

Wondering if anyone can help, I've just bought a second hand Claude butler legend hybrid but the seat post isn't the original and it's held in with rubber shims. Does anyone know of a good replacement or if I go on eBay will any Claude butler seat post fit or is it specific.
Many thanks .

Sharky

Guru
Nothing wrong with shims, lots of bikes come with them. As long as they are not home made.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Wondering if anyone can help, I've just bought a second hand Claude butler legend hybrid but the seat post isn't the original and it's held in with rubber shims. Does anyone know of a good replacement or if I go on eBay will any Claude butler seat post fit or is it specific.
Many thanks .

Any decent seat post should do, shouldn't have to spend to much, originals came with alloy or some with suspension seat posts.
Not sure about a 'rubber shim'?

Big John

Guru
If you desperately want to change the seat post then you need to know the EXACT internal diameter of the seat tube. It only has to be 0.1mm out and it'll either be loose or won't fit in. Not all seat posts are the same diameter. If you have a digital caliper it might be accurate enough to tell you what diameter to ask for. If you can find the various specs of your bike off the internet it might give you the seat post diameter. Failing that take it to your LBS and they'll sort it.

Top Bottom