1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleat position Fore and Aft

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by HLaB, 25 Mar 2008.

1. I popped to a lbs at lunchtime and got my measured for cleat alignment (spds's btw). Afterwards the angle of outward splay is similar although less defined but the big change was the position fore and aft, they are now half an inch forward ;). What effect do you think it'll have? I'm hoping it eradicates a niggling small pain. The pain is located on the outside of the lower leg about an inch or two below the knee.

BTW I wish I'd went for a cleat fit 3 yrs ago.

2. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Which lbs?

3. The Bike Chain on Rodney Street.

4. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

I thought fore and aft was the easy bit, power through the ball of the foot, it feels right when it's right surely?

the side to side and any angle is the tricky bit init?

5. andygates

andygates New Member

Feels right when it's right, but it doesn't feel wrong when it's wrong! Angle is easy, just let your feet dangle and copy that.

6. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Thought it was dead top of axel, but I'm Mr Average.... and it's worked for me for 22 years..........

7. andygates

andygates New Member

Dead-ish :wacko:

8. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

Thanks, I cycle passed there on the way to work, must drop in and get mine checked out.