Cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

A few months ago I was chatting to someone who had cleats but had the cleats on one side and just std pedals on the other. He said you could get these from Evans but i'm unsure of the name.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Cheers
Martin

musa

Über Member
M520? Give that a Google

Hope it's right model

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Shimano M324's are a single sided SPD.

I have them on my old Falcon as I wanted to be able to nip into town without my tap dancing shoes on....but it feels really weird riding without them and having to spin them to the non spd side is a bit irritating.
An alternative approach is to go the Shimano M545 route - big platforms that allow you to use them without SPD shoes. Some might say they're fugly (and not the lightest) but I put a pair on my MTB and got on with them really well - so now have them on my Dalesman too.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The double-sided ones with a big platform around them are excellent, even better than regular SPDs I would say.

jay clock

Massive member
M324 are ideal for what you describe

Lowcliff

Wellgo WPD-998 Clipless SPD MTB / Touring Bike Pedals

Have alook at these, cheap as chips and comes with cleats.
These are on Ebay item number 160893625640

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've used M324's for years, they are absolutely excellent go anywhere, do anything pedals. easy to spin dependent on whether you're cleated or not and they do stay whichever side up when you unclip or stand off at lights etc.

Avoid the MTB style M424 with the spd mech on a rocker inside a plastic cage, they are supposed to be usable either way up with either cleats of plain shoes. The spd mech is supposed to rock out of the way when you're wearing normal footwear but doesn't. They are c**p, you can clearly feel the spd mech poking through, its not a good feeling underfoot.

I've also got M520 straight SPD pedals on my folder with a pair of these http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/products/shimano-spd-platform-and-reflector-set/ because I'm quite obsessive about having pedal reflectors, surprisingly grippy.

Top Bottom