Cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpretro1

Dead easy - it is useful to mark round where your current cleats are to ensure when you fit new they go in same position. Make sure you do the bolts up well tight.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Very easy. I use a modelling brush and some white Humbrol paint to trace round the outside of the existing cleat so I can replicate the position exactly when I fit the new ones. A pencil or marker may do depending on the sole of your shoes.

Ajax Bay

Guru
If you want to place the cleats in the same position as your current set . . . ^^^^^ Some people add a dob of locktite on each bolt but if there done up well and you take the trouble to check their tightness occasionally, eg after cleaning the mud/grass out, they don't come undone.
Well worth having a read of this article by Steve Hogg: Power-to-the-pedal-cleat-position

S-Express

I have SPD-SL cleats (yellow ones) – how easy it is to fit these yourself when replacing them?

Provided you are competent with an allen key, it is an extraordinarily basic task. I usually use tippex to mark the cleat position, as it scrapes off easily when dry.

Top Bottom